Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Juha Huuskonen- Artists I plan on Incorporating-3


Juha Huuskonen- Artists I plan on Incorporating-3

I really like the constant interactions apparent within Juha Huuskonen’s work in the piece entitled “doublecell.” The piece is really cool because it consists of basically one frame which repeats itself based on user interactions within the piece. I like the fact that in concept it seems very simple that really isn’t. The interactivity drives the piece, and urges the user to continue on further and further. I got almost obsessed with finishing each interaction within the series. I spent a lot of time connecting the battery cells they just keep repeating. Something that I didn’t notice about the piece at first was the little revolving circle that moves faster as the user responds to the piece.


When I experienced doublecell: “Bob meets Barbra” I was drawn into it. I spent quite an amount of time just working with the tiny aspects of it until I realized just how much time I had actually spent working on it. I think this would be a great way of getting people interested and invested within my final project piece. I want it, overall, to be a piece that is user based and that responds to the users choices. I plan on utilizing game style interaction like Juha Huuskonen does in doublecell: “Bob meets Barbra” within my piece in order to further get the user involved. So that my final project will be one in which the user is constantly involved and not one that they merely look at and experience. Ii think I’ll probably incorporate these minor visualizations through interactions with buttons in my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment